Thursday, November 29, 2007

Testing the waters

Feedback has been a really important part of Robeez from the beginning so I’m really excited about this post. I received this email from a mom in the testing stage:
How did you find the courage to make a "go" of your product? You wrote that for the first five years, you had very little income. I have so many ideas for baby products but am afraid to fail. I've listed some of the items I've handcrafted on EBay but to no avail. When and how do you determine that your product is just not right and that's it's time to quit?

I commend you for starting here. You’ve got the right idea in mind. And with the advent of the internet, it is easier than ever to get immediate feedback on your creations.

Before jumping into my business with Robeez, I took the shoes I’d created to local retail stores and asked the store owner to carry the product on consignment. I would then go back a week later and discuss feedback with the store owner. This was a great way for me to measure interest in Robeez. And what subsequently gave me to confidence to kick start me into action.

You mention that you have a number of ideas. If this one hasn’t received the response you’re looking for, move onto another possibility.

You may also consider feedback through other sales channels, such as local retailers or consumer shows. By exploring all your opportunities, you will be able to make an informed decision about the reception of your product in the marketplace.add to sk*rt

No comments: